Saturday, January 12, 2008

To all of the families who have expirienced the loss of a child through miscarriage, stillbirth or early childhood death

I am trying so hard to find the answers to all the questions that are going through your mind. There are no right answers to any of those questions. I can only tell you that, the one and only answer is Christ. I have tried for so long to get all of my questions answered, why did my sweet girl go, and you know what I have felt that God has always said to me is, “Just trust me”. I know that is probably the last thing that you want to hear, but it is true, just trust God. In due time, you will see what kind of plan, that he has for you while you go through your grief. I just want to see you take your time as you go through all of your questions, while you try to find your answers. A woman once asked me how do we get through, the only answer is to breathe. When you are sitting still, when you are talking, when you are all alone just sit and breathe. That must sound really trivial, but it is the one thing that is constant that you know will happen even if you don’t think about it. You will have to just put one foot in front of the other for a while, take one minute at a time; then you will see that one minute turns into hours and the hours have turned into days. Just breathe and take one minute at a time, eventually there will be a new normal, for your different life. You will cry, you will laugh, and then you will be still to think. Like every mother that has lost a child you wonder am I normal, am I doing this the right way, or maybe even is it wrong for me to act this way. What ever you feel you need to do to help you, do it. There is no wrong way and no right way to go through the loss of a baby. Cry when you need to cry, scream when you need to scream, and laugh when you need to laugh. If you want to be left alone, say it. Don’t be pushed into anything that you are not ready for. Take your time; this is a process that does not happen over night. I love you very much, and my heart breaks to see another mother go through the loss of a baby like we did. It’s just not supposed to happen. You are now apart of a sisterhood of women that understands the depth of your pain and grief, even though all of our experiences are different. It has taken me awhile to write this letter to you. It’s one of those things that have to be thought out and prayed about before putting words on a piece of paper. God has all things in order for you, and you will see them come to pass at the right time. Trust God, lean on your family, and then ask for help if you need it. Your family and friends love you and are with you to support you right now. If you ever need to talk just call day or night I’ll be here.

Sending my love
Rachel Mitchell
Maddie's Place
Founder
maddiesplace@live.com

No comments: