Friday, September 19, 2008

Prayer/Declaration

I read this prayer the other day written by a mother who had lost a baby due to miscarriage. When I read the prayer, it kind of frustrated me, because it was self centered in my opinion instead of being Christ centered, so I rewrote it to fit what I believe should be our prayers as parents that have lost a baby:

Baby’s Prayer

Baby’s Prayer

In this time of loss I call upon the Holy Spirit to guide me to be my strength so that I may find peace and completion.

I will use this strength to allow myself and others the ability to grieve completely, for this will be my first step to total restoration.

During my journey of grief I will seek guidance not only from the Holy Spirit and my Heavenly Father but from my loving friends and family who may offer wisdom and comfort.

I need to understand that the soul as well as the physical body needs healing and I will take the time to allow the healing to take place.

I will live not in fear but peace, and understand that over time I will see all of the good things that have happened through the life of my baby.

In spite of my understanding that things happen that cannot be controlled, I understand that with the power of the Holy Spirit I can allow God to take control over my life and guide me to the place where my destiny and purpose will be reviled to give me a complete healing emotionally spiritually and physically.

Help me recognize the gift of the ability to carry and conceive no matter how long my baby may have lived.

Help me find the joy and peace in the ability to desire, love and care for a baby unknown to me.

Help me find your healing grace in the belief that this baby knew my love and the desire for my baby to be complete and whole on this Earth or in the arms of Jesus.

Help me find the purpose to the short life that my baby lived so that I might help others through the loss of their baby. Help me to give and help others who are now apart of the “Club” of families who have lost a baby through miscarriage stillbirth or infant death.

Help me to recognize and honor my baby’s life by the way that I live mine, by moving forward and taking control of my grief, and allowing God to take control over my life, so that I might live to find the purpose and destiny God has for me. Help me to learn the full appreciation of motherhood in any way that you have designed for me.

I will listen to and trust my Heavenly Father, because He tells me that, I will once again be reunited with my baby and will fulfill the need to hold baby in my arms. I will allow Him to bring me comfort in the knowledge that my baby knows no pain or suffering only happiness in the arms of Jesus.

No comments: