Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kick Off for Maddie's Place

I am sitting here trying to think of all the pathways that Zach and I have taken over the last 5 years. Boy has it been a journey. One with many bumps and hills to climb. This past weekend I saw something become a reality. Maddie's Place became a reality over the weekend. We had our 3 year anniversary at our church, and I was called upon to introduce Maddie's Place to the congregation. WOW! I was not expecting that, so I was so unprepared. I was hoping to be able to have a brief, yet nice description of what we were about, and why we do what we do, and when that moment came God knew what he was doing. I stood there with a mike in my hand and had to say God what am I suppose to say and it seems that the same words that God always says to me were spoken to "JUST TRUST ME!" So I stood there for a moment that felt like a life time, and I started with this "5 years ago, Zach and I had a baby that passed away shortly after she was born" After I said it I was shocked, where did that come from? I then realized the reason why I was shocked, because that was the first time, I had ever gotten in front of people to talk about this subject in my life. I then really started to share my heart on the matter of loss, and what most people go through and feel when they loose a baby. I saw peoples eyes filling up with tears as I shared a brief 60 sec introduction to Maddie's Place. It felt rewarding. I finally felt that my little girl has a permanent place in everyone's mind. They best thing about it all is that I didn't put her there God did!

No comments: